It is necessary to dig into history, going back over 1000 years, to get the first news about the village of Fizzano. The first indication of its existence dates back to 1007 in a document from Abbadia Isola, according to which “Fiziano” was the site of a castle and a court. In the 15th century it became part of the so-called “Lega del Chianti” together with Radda, Castellina and Gaiole, whose coat of arms was a black rooster on a gold background. Following the numerous battles between Siena and Florence in the Middle Ages, the ancient castle and the court were destroyed and in fact in 1817, according to some documents, the consistency of Fizzano is given by a farm, a farmhouse, two huts and a chapel.
The appearance of the settlement remained unchanged for over a century when in 1984, reduced to an abandoned farm, Fizzano was bought by Rocca delle Macie, a winery in Castellina in Chianti owned by the Zingarelli family, which used its appreciated vineyards for the production of its own wine and builds a traditional oil mill with stone millstones for the production of oil.